Before you advertize your home for rent, it is imperative to make it look more attractive for the potential tenants. A well-maintained home can help you to get good quality renters and also fetch a higher return on investment.
Mentioned below are some tips that can assist you in preparing your home for renting:
- Inspect The Property - Check your home for any flaws, such as leaky faucets, cracks, drainage issues, etc. and address the matters as soon as possible. Even a minute fissure in the wall may leave a bad impression upon the potential tenants.
- Keep It Clean - Your house should look spick and span, so that the prospective occupants can visualize the space as their own. Remove the clutter, clean the floors and clear the cobwebs. Along with the interiors of the house, the exteriors must also be cleaned and staged properly. This can be done by keeping a few potted plants near the entrance, decluttering the backyard and trimming the lawn grass.
- Repaint – To give your rental home a new and refreshing look, you can repaint the walls with neutral colors. It will not only improve your home’s appearance, but also make it appear large and spacious. Newly painted walls serve a blank canvas and allow the property viewers to imagine themselves living in the home. A fresh coat of paint will also help in attracting the renters.
- Furniture & Appliances - If you are offering a furnished home, ensure that all the electrical appliances are in working condition. If there are any torn or tarnished furniture, either get them repaired or replace with the new ones. You may also consider replacing the old bulbs with energy efficient and trendy fixtures.
- Hire Professionals – Property managers can assist you in inspecting your house and prepare it for rent. The experts will help in home staging, repairing as well as conducting a strict tenant screening process.
- Insure The Property - You must purchase a landlords insurance before renting your house. It will safeguard the home in case of any unexpected mishap such as fire, water leakage, rental loss etc.
- Security Measures – For the safety of your tenants, you may equip your house with smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and security cameras. All these facilities will help you to raise the value and demand for your home amongst potential tenants.
- Set Up An Appropriate Price – Research well and update yourself with the recent trends in real estate market to determine the correct rental value for the property. A wrong estimate can drive away the tenants you expect.
Prepare your home for rent with the help of professional services offered by Hunter Rentals & Property Management. Our property managers will also guide you at every step of renting process. To know more about the services, call at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen, TX 76549.