If you are looking to rent out your property in Killeen, TX, it is good to make your home pet friendly. This can increase your prospective tenant pool and also fetch higher revenue. A pet friendly home does not call for too much investment and some smart ideas can easily make your property safe as well as comfortable for a pet.
Here are some benefits of having a pet-friendly rental home:
- Higher rental income: Homes that allow pets can charge more rent per month and a higher security deposit. Owing to the shortage of pet friendly rental homes in Killeen, most tenants are willing to pay a slightly higher rent for a property where they can live with their pet. Also, you may need to carry out more frequent maintenance work in the house. A higher rent will help you cover up the costs.
- Not too risky: It is believed that pets mean higher financial risks because of all the damage they can cause. However, you may talk to your property manager to draw up a contract that minimizes your liabilities and makes the pet owner responsible for the expenditure that may incur to repair the damages caused by the pet.
- Fewer vacancies: A rental home that welcomes pet owners stands high in rental market. You can reach out to a larger number of prospective tenants which will help in renting your property quickly. Tenants with pets are more likely to extend lease of the home to avoid searching for a pet-friendly rental home all over again. You do not have to go out looking for new tenants if the existing occupants have settled in well.
- Responsible tenants: A person who is mature enough to take care of a pet is likely to be a happy and responsible person who will keep your home well-maintained your home. You may note their behavior with the pet to judge if they are warm and careful.
For assistance in renting out your home in Killeen, TX, contact Hunter Rentals & Property Management. For more information about our rental services you can call at (254) 634-3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.
When the time comes to shift into your first rental apartment or house, the process may seem intimidating as there are a lot of things that need to be taken care of. The excitement of finally moving into your home requires the reassurance that you have done all your homework to ensure a comfortable stay in the new place. Following are some essential tips for first time renters:
- Set aside a budget: Before you begin searching for a rental home, set aside some finances to pay for the security deposit, first month rent, packing, shifting, paperwork fees etc. A pre-decided rent amount that best suits your pocket will also help you zero-in on an apartment faster.
- Be prepared: Improve your credit score and prepare yourself to meet the prospective landlord. Renters who have the right attitude and good behavior are likely to leave a good impression. You may have a lot of queries in your mind, but make sure you are polite and easy-going during your interaction with the landlord. Get all the necessary documents at hand and provide complete information in the rental application.
- Be honest: If there is anything about your lifestyle or nature of job that the landlord may need to know, like you play drums, love pets or have night shifts at work- inform him in advance. These factors will help the landlord make an informed decision to ensure that both the parties have a hassle-free renting experience.
- Get the paperwork in order: It is important to read the rental contract carefully before moving in. All the important clauses like maintenance fee, due date for rent, pet policy etc., should be noted and signed by the landlord.
- Scan the apartment: Even if you have visited the rental home a couple of times before, it is best to walk through it one last time with the landlord to note down any repairs, leakages or breakage that need to be repaired. You can also take pictures of the rental home to record its conditions before you have moved-in.
- Take professional help: Hiring a local real estate agent is a good way to find an ideal home for rent in Killeen. The agents are aware of the current rental price trends and can help in the documentation to streamline the entire process.
If you are looking for a home for rent in Killeen, TX, Hunter Rentals & Property Management can provide assistance. Call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549 for details.
Finding the perfect rental home requires a lot of research and a clear thought process. You need to be confident about the type of home you want to suit your lifestyle and budget. Also, make yourself familiar with the common terms and jargons used in the real estate industry. This will assist you in understanding the language of home renters and real estate agents. Given below are certain tips that you can implement to simplify your search for a rental home:
- Determine what you can afford: Before deciding on a particular rental home, you need to be clear about your budget. Calculate the amount of money you can afford to pay as rent from your monthly income. Evaluate all other expenditures such as grocery, commuting and loan payments. A number of landlords also specify the minimum income requirement for the potential tenants. So, make sure you streamline your rental home search according to this criterion.
- Consider the features that you want: Apart from the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, you need to consider what other amenities you want in the rental home. For instance, you may like to have a patio, deck or some other outdoor space. Many people also want a fireplace or separate parking area. Depending on your requirements, you can search for the rental home that offers the amenities you need to live comfortably.
- Check the neighborhood: It is important to evaluate the neighborhood where you are planning to rent a home. Walk through the locality to assess if it would be a suitable area for your family to live in. For example, if you have children, you may want a good school nearby or if you are a party person, you would want some good pubs close to your home. You can also talk to people already residing in the area and gather information regarding the crime rate as well as security features.
- Use online listings: Browse through different websites or online listings to shortlist some of the rental homes that match your search criterion. You can go through the important details, such as rent, location, property type, occupancy, pet policy etc. and view images of the rental home before making any decision.
The agents at Hunter Rentals & Property Management can help you find a suitable rental home in Killeen, TX. For details about the services provided, you can call at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.