With soaring property prices and the increasing number of affordable rental homes available in Killeen, TX, a lot of people are turning towards renting instead of buying. If you are moving to your first rental home, there are many important things that you need to be aware of. Your transition to the new home can be made smoother to a great extent if you are well-versed with the complexities of the process.
Here are some tips that can be helpful for the first time tenants in Killeen:
- Be Clear About Budget: The most important thing that you need to do while renting a home is set a definite amount that you are willing to pay as the monthly rent. For this, you should calculate all your monthly expenses and deduct them from your monthly income to determine what you can afford. You should also set aside funds for security deposit, maintenance charges, renters insurance etc.
- Think About The Deposit: Landlords typically charge a security deposit from the tenants to ensure that they will move-in and the property can be taken off from the rental market. The deposit is usually equal to the monthly rent and is usually refundable within 30 days of you decide not to rent the property. However, you must ask your landlord for the terms of security deposit refund.
- Inspect The Property: Once you have decided on the property you want to rent, inspect it thoroughly. Carefully check all the walls, ceilings, doors, windows etc. for any signs of damage. If it is a furnished home, make sure everything is well-kept and the appliances are in working order. A detailed inspection will allow you to identify any repairs that need to be done by the landlord before you move-in.
- Be Prepared For Background Check: When you submit a rental application, the landlord may conduct a background check to verify your identity, income, credit rating etc. You should provide all information correctly and co-operate with the landlord to carry out the process smoothly.
- Read The Lease: Before signing the rental contract, make sure you read it thoroughly. Do not hesitate to ask the landlord or his real estate agent if you do not understand any clause. Make sure the lease length, rent, due date, late payment charges, maintenance responsibilities and other important details are clearly mentioned in the agreement.
If are looking for an affordable home for rent in Killeen, TX, contact Hunter Rentals & Property Management. We offer an extensive listing of rental homes in multiple locations across the city. For more information, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311.
Renting an apartment can be a challenging task, for both novice and experienced tenants. It is important that you do a comprehensive research before zeroing down on a property. Here is a list of various factors that you need to consider before renting an apartment in Killeen, TX:
- Set a budget: Affordability is a major factor that will determine whether you can rent an apartment or not. Before you start hunting for an apartment, make sure you know exactly how much you can afford to pay as monthly rent. Your rent should not be more than 30% of your monthly income.
- Decide features you need: It is crucial that you make a list of the features that are want in the apartment. These may include furniture, electrical appliances, air conditioning/heating systems, security systems, ample storage space etc. However, the more the features are, the higher may be the rent.
- Evaluate the neighborhood: While looking for a rental apartment, you cannot ignore the neighborhood. Make sure the neighborhood has all the qualities and features that you seek. Besides being safe, the property must have close proximity to school, market, parks and recreational areas. There should also be good public transport facility in the area.
- Inspect the apartment: Before you sign the lease, inspect the apartment thoroughly. Check the plumbing for any leakages, electrical wiring, lighting, heating system and locks. It is essential that you check all the floors, walls, doors and windows for any signs of damage. If the apartment is furnished, make sure the furniture is in good condition. Also, check the appliances to ensure they are working properly. Make note of any previously existing damages and click the pictures of the apartment as a proof.
- Read the lease agreement carefully: It is essential to read to lease documents carefully. You must not ignore the fine print and check if there are any additional charges or penalties. The lease document should clearly state who would be responsible for the maintenance of the apartment. It should also mention the date on which you have to pay the rent and late payment fees applicable.
Renting a house is a big decision that needs your full attention. Make yourself familiar with the process to find the perfect apartment within your budget. For assistance, feel free to contact Hunter Rentals & Property Management. We can help you explore the most suitable options and make sure you move-in without any hassles. To know more, you can call at (254) 634 – 3311.
If you are looking to rent an apartment, there are two options to choose from: furnished and unfurnished. You can decide after taking into consideration various factors such as your budget, number of family members, type of job and lease terms. Below is a list of advantages as well as disadvantages associated with furnished and unfurnished rental apartments.
Furnished Rental Apartment
- Shorter Lease: Many people are on the lookout for short-term leases because they want to temporarily re-locate for business purposes. In such a scenario, a furnished apartment is the best choice. You do not have to sign a long-term commitment and moving out is easier.
- Easy To Move-in: The shifting process is greatly simplified because you have to move only your personal belongings. Packing and moving furniture, wardrobes and electrical appliances items can be a big hassle which can be avoided by renting a furnished apartment.
- Save time and money: You can save money on buying furniture if you rent a furnished apartment. Also, you will have to spend less time settling in because all the big items are already assembled in such an apartment.
- Higher Rent: The average rent and security deposit per month is much higher because you have to pay for the furniture items and appliances. This can prove to be heavy on your pocket.
- More Liability: In a furnished apartment, the number of things that require maintenance is more. This may include furniture items, carpets, appliances etc.
- No personalization: The interior decoration and furniture items are already set up. You cannot change anything according to your personal taste and likeability.
Unfurnished Rental Apartment
- Budget-friendly: An unfurnished rental home is perfect for people who have a limited monthly budget. The rent and security deposit you have to pay is quite less
- Ideal for long-term: If you are someone who is not a frequent traveler and likes to stay at one place, unfurnished rental apartments are the perfect choice for you. You can sign a long-term lease or get it renewed easily as per your requirements.
- Freedom of personalization: You can manage and decorate the place according to your personal taste. Set up your furniture and appliances in a way that complements the décor of the apartment.
- Tedious to move out: You will have to transport a lot of items and this can become a difficult task. Also, you need to shell out more money to shift all the bulky furniture and appliances from one home to another.
- Costly option: If you have not bought the furniture already, you will have to spend money on buying items for your new rental apartment which eventually turns out to be costly.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management, provide extensive listing of rental apartments in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.