When renting out your house, an important decision that you need to make is whether to allow pets. With the growing demand for pet-friendly rental properties, landlords who allow pets in their homes definitely have an edge over others. However, it is important to include certain terms and conditions in the rental agreement such as the type of pet allowed, vaccinations etc.
Here are some of the benefits of having a pet-friendly rental home:
- Increases your rental pool: Majority of the potential tenants with pets find it difficult to find suitable rental homes. By allowing pets in your property, you can widen your potential pool of tenants and demand of your home in the real estate market.
- Get higher rent: In order to reduce the potential risks pertaining to the structural damage to the property, tenants are often ready to pay slightly higher rent. Moreover, if there are not many pet friendly properties in your area, you are in a better position to quote a higher rent. You can also charge a pet security deposit or pet rental fee on a monthly basis.
- Extended tenancy: Pet-friendly properties that are available for rent are limited in number which makes it difficult for the tenants to find another suitable rental house. Therefore, they are more likely to stay for a longer period of time. This implies that you can have an extended tenancy, ensuring a consistent income and occupancy of the property. This also reduces the hassle of finding new tenants after every few months.
- Good pet owners are responsible tenants: Another benefit of renting out your house to a pet owner is that they are often responsible in terms of property maintenance. They are likely to take good care of your rental home.
In order to ensure that you rent out your house to the right tenants, you can ask for past references or check out the vet records to find the temperament of the pet. Make sure you include all the necessary pet policies in the agreement.
If you are looking to rent out your home in Killeen, TX, contact Hunter Rentals & Property Management. Our agents will help you find suitable tenants and make sure that you receive an optimum rent for your investment property. For more information, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.
While looking for an affordable place to live, many people prefer an apartment over other housing options. However, making the choice between renting and buying an apartment can be a difficult proposition. You need to keep your budget as well as lifestyle in mind before taking the final decision.
Here are some of the advantages of renting an apartment:
- No maintenance issues: One of the biggest advantages of renting an apartment is that you do not have to worry about any maintenance issues. Most of the apartments are managed by a body corporate that functions in a very professional manner In case an appliance is not working or there is some fault in the sewerage pipe, you just need to inform the management board. They will arrange for someone to perform the repair work, thus, saving your time and efforts.
- Provision of amenities: When you rent an apartment, there are a number of amenities that you can avail. Almost all the apartment complexes offer premium facilities like a gymnasium, swimming pool and tennis court etc. You can reap the benefits of these features at affordable monthly or annual charges.
- High security: Apartment complexes are gated from all sides and have security personnel to keep a check on those entering or leaving the complex. Also, individual apartments are equipped with security alarm systems to further strengthen the safety of the tenants.
- Viable locations: Most apartments are situated in centralized locations near workplaces, schools, playgrounds, shopping malls etc. to attract a large number of potential tenants. Renting an apartment means you live in a safe neighborhood free from any sort of hassles. Also, having close proximity to transportation, you save a lot of time and money while commuting.
- Easy lease options: Long-term commitment is usually not a pre-requisite when you rent an apartment. It is a good choice if you have a transferrable job or wants to stay at a place for a shorter duration of time. You can easily negotiate a lease to make it suitable for the amount of time you plan to stay.
If you are looking for a rental apartment in Killeen, TX, contact Hunter Rentals & Property Management. We have access to a wide range of affordable and well-maintained rental apartments in multiple locations across the city. For more information, you can call at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.
Owing to the recent plunge in the real estate market, single-family homes have turned out to be a great asset for the landlords. A number of advantages are associated with renting out single-family homes. Therefore, it does not come as a surprise that most of the homeowners prefer this option as compared to any other.
Here are some of the benefits of renting out single-family homes:
- Easier to manage: If you rent out a single-family home, you have to deal with only one tenant at a time. Thus, there will be no possibility of neighbor conflicts as in a duplex or apartment building. This eventually relieves the landlord from a lot of burden.
- Lower expenses: In a single family home, the responsibility of keeping the property well-maintained rests with the tenants. These may include landscaping, snow removal, pest control and other basic utilities in the home. This ultimately means you can save a lot of time and concentrate on your more important duties or liabilities. Even the property taxes that you have to pay every year tend to be on the lower side in case of single-family homes.
- More stability: There is a higher probability of tenants staying for a longer period of time in a single-family rental home. Most of the tenants who occupy these homes have a stable family life with kids. So, they are unlikely to leave your rental property ahead of the lease term.
- Furnishing appliances not a pre-requisite: Most of the families who rent a single-family home have their own electronic appliances. This means that you do not have to handle the repair work for any faulty appliances or gadgets in the rental home.
- Increased demand: Nowadays, more and more tenants are looking forward to home that offers increased privacy. Single family homes are perfect to fulfill this requirement. Hence, as a landlord, it will be quite easier for you to find tenants for a single family home than other rental properties.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management, can help to rent out your single family home in Killeen, TX. We will advertize your property through the right medium and meticulously screen potential tenants to reduce vacancy cycles. For more information, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.