If you are looking forward to rent an apartment in Killeen, TX, it is crucial that you make sure it is safe for you and your family. Besides the amenities and the price, the safety of the property should also be your major concern. You should carry out some security checks before you sign the documents to ascertain that everything is at par. Below is a list of safety features you should consider before choosing an apartment.
- Check the door locks: Make sure the main door of the apartment meets the basic safety codes. It should have a strong latch so that nobody can break in. For enhancing the property’s security, you can get the old lock changed so that it cannot be accessed by anyone else.
- Door must have a peephole: The front door must have a viewing device such as a peephole, so that you can check who is outside before opening the door. This can prevent any criminal act and avoid compromising your family’s safety and privacy.
- Inspect the deadbolts on the entry door: You must inspect the deadbolts on the door for any signs of wear and tear, rust or damage. If so, make sure you ask the landlord to get them changed before you move in. The deadbolt should be strong that opens manually from inside and by a key from outside.
- Check the windowpanes and frames: The windowpanes and frames should be set firmly in place. Make sure you check their locking mechanism to ensure that the windows are fully functional. If you find any issues, bring it to the notice to the landlord. If there are wooden frames, check them for any decay, holes or rot.
- Check building lighting: There should be sufficient lighting in the apartment building in which you are planning to rent. The entry as well as backyard of the property should be properly illuminated, particularly during nighttime. You can also consider installing motion-activated lights to avert intruders and enhance the safety of your apartment.
- Fire safety: The building must have a well-maintained fire safety mechanism. Make sure there are fire alarms, fire extinguishers as well as emergency exits so that you and your family remain safe if something unfortunate happens inside the building.
Consider taking help of a professional property management company to inspect the safety features of the apartment before finalizing the deal. For more information, contact Hunter Rentals & Property Management at (254) 634 – 3311.
Renting an apartment can be an affordable and easy option for most tenants. However, it is essential that the apartment is comfortable and offers a pleasant living experience. Hence, many important factors should be considered to ensure a successful tenancy, specifically for the first time renters. Some of these have been discussed below:
- Budget: The amount that you want to pay as monthly rent determines the type and size of apartment that you can rent. You must consider your salary and other income sources while deciding the amount. Along with the monthly rent, you should also consider other expenses such as furnishing, moving, packing and maintenance costs in the budget.
- Neighborhood: It is advisable that you visit the area to check the cleanliness, noise level, crime rate and lighting on the streets before renting an apartment. You must also consider the proximity to schools, office, public transportation, shopping mall and restaurants.
- Inspection: Conducting a thorough inspection of the house will assist in noticing any major faults such as leaking pipes, broken faucets, mold, holes in walls or scratches on the floor. If you notice any out of order appliances, you should ask the property owner to get it repaired before you move in.
- Lease: You must read the rental agreement properly and get everything in writing. Any verbal agreements or negotiations should be clearly mentioned in the document. You must also ask the property owner to include details such as the utility bills and liabilities for repair or maintenance work in the apartment.
- Credit score: You should improve your credit score and get references from previous proprietors. This assists in making your rental application more impressive and convincing the landlord that you will be a responsible tenant. Having a clear record of accomplishment will ensure that you get a good rental price and a quick approval from the property owner.
- Amenities: You can make a list of the amenities that are essential for you to stay comfortably in the rental apartment. Deciding on the required amenities will help to streamline your search for the apartment. You should only visit and inspect properties that qualify through this list.
- Policy: You must inquire about the pet policy and any other instructions laid down by the property owner. This ensures that both the parties involved are clear on the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management, can assist you in finding rental apartment in Killeen. For more information about our rental services, you can call at (254) 634 – 3311.
Many people prefer renting an apartment, as it provides a convenient and cheaper accommodation while evading the costs involved in ownership. It also gives the tenant an opportunity to live comfortably and make significant savings. However, potential tenants should visit the property, inspect it and evaluate the amenities provided before signing the deal.
Here are some benefits of renting an apartment:
- No maintenance costs: Renting an apartment is much easier and cheaper than purchasing one. It requires a much lesser financial input and is preferred by many people living on a budget. The landlord is responsible for all repairs and maintenance work required in the house. If an appliance stops working or there is a plumbing leak, the tenant just needs to inform the landlord in order to get the problem fixed.
- Amenities provided: Most rental properties provide all basic and certain exclusive amenities such as a fully equipped kitchen, central heating and even a fire alarm system. These features are expensive to purchase and install which are provided in an apartment beforehand.
- No real estate tax: The landlord is liable to pay all the real estate taxes and mortgage interests for the apartment. As the amount of tax can be substantial, depending on the area and location of the property, the tenant can evade a big financial burden.
- No down payment: Renting an apartment does not involve a heavy investment on the part of the tenant. As one can select a place with affordable rent, without a huge security deposit, it does not cause a hit to the pocket.
- Fixed rent: The tenant does not have to worry about the fluctuating property rates in the market. As the rent amount is usually fixed for a specific period of time, it is easier to anticipate monthly expenditure and avoid any worries.
- Cheaper insurance: The tenant needs to purchase renter’s insurance which is much cheaper than homeowner’s insurance. This significantly contributes to cost saving. Renters insurance protects the belongings of the tenant in the house.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management, can help you find a suitable apartment for rent in Killeen, TX. For more information about our services, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.