It is crucial to carry out routine home inspections, as it helps foresee any problems and resolve them before it worsens. Regular inspections helps keep the house in the best form as well as save money by avoiding expensive repairs. Regardless if your property is occupied or not, you must inspect it regularly or hire a professional property management company. A home inspector will ensure that your property is safe, clean and well maintained.
Here are some benefits of regular home inspection:
- Address Issues Timely: Inspecting the property at least every six months is beneficial in noticing any maintenance needs. Problems with electric wiring, plumbing and appliances should be fixed as soon as possible to avoid spending a lot of money. Even damage to the property due to bad weather, sun and rain should be resolved on time.
- Reduce Vacancies: Regular maintenance and inspection builds a good reputation with potential tenants. This helps avoiding vacancy periods in your rental property and ensures a smooth income. The tenants also appreciate timely repairs and a well-maintained house, which leads to longer occupancy.
- Prevent Injuries And Damages: Regular home inspections help in avoiding any accidents and injuries that can pose a potential threat to the occupants and result in damages claim for the property owner. A home inspector will check the exterior as well as interior structures of the house to look for any signs of deterioration. Timely repair can help avoid serious injuries and ensure that all safety measures such as fire extinguishers and smoke alarms are working properly.
- Avoid Seasonal Problems: Certain repairs or maintenance work is needed with the change in the seasons. A home inspector checks the property to ensure that your home is safe and there is no blockage in the drainage system or plumbing.
By organizing regular home inspection, you surely act like a responsible property owner and you ensure that your home continues to be a consistent source of income for you.
While renting out your home, it is imperative to checkthe background of your prospective tenants. It assists in avoiding any tenancy related issues and ensures the safety of your property. Asking certain important questions to potential tenants, during screening, will give you a better insight about his reliability and honesty.
Here are some of the questions that you can ask potential tenants:
- Reason To Move: You must ask the potential tenants why they want to move from their current place of residence. You should be wary of a tenant who is leaving due to an eviction or dispute. People who move due to a job or need of more space are usually better candidates.
- Timeframe Of Move: A responsible tenant would usually begin searching for the property before moving out of the current residence. It is standard procedure to pro
- Tenant’s Monthly Income: This will determine whether the tenant would be able to pay the rent on time. In order to ensure regular rental income you must make sure that the tenant you shortlist hasa steady and good income.You can also check the credit score of the potential tenant to ensure that he is not under any debt.
- Ask About Any Eviction Record:To avoid a tenant that can cause problemsat a later stage you should inquire about any past evictions. In whichever case you must give the tenant a chance to explain his side of the story for a fair judgment.
- Ask For References: A genuine tenant would willingly provide references from his employer and previous property owners. If a tenant hesitates and avoids giving the references, you should ask for the reason and demand an explanation.Getting reference from an employer ensures that the tenant has a stable and well-paid job.
- Inquire About Any Pet: This is essential to be clarified initially to avoid any hassles at a later stage of the tenancy.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management, can help you find reliable tenants for your rental property. We conduct background checks and screen all tenants to ensure that your property rental experience is hassle free. For more information about our services, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan SchlueterLp, Killeen TX 76549.
Searching for a rental home is a challenging task, as it requires taking into consideration many important factors. A new or inexperienced renter often makes the mistake of closing a deal without weighing in all the pros and cons.
Here are some common mistakes that every renter should avoid:
- Ignorant Of the Real Estate Market: It is essential to conduct proper market research and ensure that your decision is profitable and well thought out. You can take help of online resources to get information about similar properties. You can also discuss details with people who have recently rented a property. By researching properly, you can shortlist properties that match your criteria and avoid over paying. You should make sure that you know about the current asking rental price and amenities offered by most rental properties to be able to negotiate a good deal.
- Failing To Inspect The Property:It is crucial to inspect the house properly before you finalize the deal and sign the lease. You should make sure that the faucets are not leaking, windows close smoothly, all the appliances are in working condition, there are nosigns of mold or infestation and the house is well maintained.
- Failing To Document The Damages: It is essential to document all the existing damages such as cracks in windowpanes, broken locks, etc. so that you can bring them to the attention of the landlord. You can also take a walk through with the property owner or document the damages by clicking pictures.
- Hasty Decisions: It is a blunder tosign the lease agreement without readingit properly due to shortage of time or other emergencies. You should ask for the copy of the agreement and read all the terms and conditions carefully. The lease should clearly include all the details such as who will be responsible for the bills, repairs and regular maintenance. It should also state the changes you are allowed to make, pet policy and the utilities included in the rent.
Avoiding the above-mentioned mistakes will assist in finding the most suitable and affordable property. You can also consider hiring the services of a professional real estate company to make the process of finding a rental home easier.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management can help you find the most suitable rental property. For more information, you can call us at (254) 634 – 3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.