Staging an apartment effectively is an essential part of getting it rented quickly. The potential tenants must find your property appealing and worth the asking price. Thus, it is very important that you improve the look of your apartment in order to get the best deal. Home staging isn’t always expensive and in fact a few minor uplifts in the apartment can help you improve its appearance.
Given here are some of the important staging tips that can help you rent your apartment in Killeen, TX:
- Clean Thoroughly: The prospective tenants will inspect your apartment and even notice the details. Thus, you should make sure that you thoroughly scrub everything before they visit. All the appliances, door frames, windows and blinds should be cleaned and look like they are in good condition.
- Boost Curb Appeal: The exterior of a property is the first thing that can help the tenants decide if they want to consider renting the apartment or not. Before you put your apartment for rent, you must pressure wash all the walkways, trim the plants, plant fresh flowers, clean front windows and repaint or rinse the porch if required.
- Remove Clutter: Everyone wants to rent an apartment that is well-organized and free from clutter. You should remove all the unnecessary items from your home and make sure that everything is kept in its place. You should clean and organize the bookshelves, kitchen counters and bathroom equipment.
- Depersonalize: Your potential tenants must be able to visualize their lives in the new home. For this, it is necessary that you remove all your personal stuff, such as family portraits or decorative pieces, from the apartment. You should also try to keep the accessories to a bare minimum.
- Repaint: You can also consider repainting the apartment to give it a fresh and welcoming look. This will also help to remove all the ugly marks and stains on the walls and ceilings. While choosing the color, try to go for neutral shades like whites and pastels, as everybody does not like bold colors.
- Remove Extra Furniture: Make sure you remove all the unrequired furniture items before listing your apartment for rent. This will give a roomy and airy look to your property and will definitely help attract more tenants.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management, can assist you in effectively renting your apartment in Killeen. For more information, you can contact our real estate agents at (254) 634-3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549.
It is a challenging task to find a trust worthy, responsible and long-term tenant. A troublesome tenant won’t pay the rent on time, will damage your property and breaches the lease agreement. Thus you must screenthe tenant applications before approving a tenant and signing the lease.
Here is your guide to tenant screening:
- Develop Detailed Application: You should develop a paper application to offer the prospective tenants. The application acts as a great tool in the tenant screening process. It should include all the questions that you need to ask your potential applicants such as personal information such as name, contact number, address and driver license number. It should also have a column for social security number and date of birth. You should make sure that you get the information about the current and previous landlords and their contact number, employer contact information, any evictions in the past along with the signatures of the applicant.
- Conduct Search Online: To know about the prospective tenant you can search for information online by looking at their social networking sites, blogs, or websites in the tenant’s name. Check out any reviews and try to judge the tenant’s character and personality.
- Perform background and credit checks: To ensure that you choose the best applicant, make sure you perform background and credit checks. A number of background check services are available online that check the applicant’s eviction and criminal background. However you should be familiar with the state landlord tenant laws in order to avoid a legal problem. You should check the major credit reporting bureaus to get the credit history report of the prospective tenant. You can even ask the tenants to buy their own credit report and submit it to you.
- Verify applicant’s income and employment: To assure that the tenant can pay the rent on time, you should ask the prospective tenants to provide you with the copy of their last few months’ pay stubs and W-2 form. You can also contact the tenant’s current employer to verify his or her employment.
- Check references: Check out the personal references of the tenant and call references to ask them questions regarding the tenant’s character, personality and reliability. You can also contact past landlord references to check out tenant’s payment history, reasons why he left the property and if he was a responsible tenant.
- Conduct interview: You can call the shortlisted prospective tenants for interviews and ask them questions directly. You should rely on your intuitions and judgment on the appearance, behavior and personality of the tenants.
By screening the tenants properly, you can avoid many serious problems that you may have to face at a later stage. For more information, visit Hunter Rentals & Property Management at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX 76549 or call (254) 634-3311.
Inspecting a rental home is an essential task for all landlords. It ensures that your property is well kept and in good hands. Although some landlords visit their property, others hire the services of professionals to mange the property for them. Hunter Rentals and Property Management offers complete property inspection services for rental homes in Killeen. Their property managers conduct regular visits to ensure that your investment is well maintained.
However before you hire a professional you should be aware that thorough property inspections include the following:
The first and foremost inspection that must be conducted is before the tenants relocate into the property. Digital photographs should be taken to certify the condition of the home. Landlords must also get everything in written and signed by the tenants. This is also important to put out the possibility of a potential lawsuit against the landlord for letting a substandard property. Anything major that needs to be repaired should also be noted and signed by both the parties.
Frequent drive-by inspections are necessary to verify that the tenants are maintaining the outer part of the home as well. The tenants also need not be issued a notice before performing this check. The property manager just examines
the lawns, patio and the outer plumbing fixtures to ensure that everything is well managed and if anything needs to be repaired.
In order to protect your rental property, it is important that it is periodically inspected to ensure that everything is in proper working condition. This check helps the landlords stay in the know how of any damage or defacement to their property. Pictures can also be taken as evidence and signed off by the tenants.
With a thorough move-out inspection, the landlord can know about the damages caused by the tenants and withhold the security deposit. It is very important that the tenants be included in this check so that they can answer for any damages that may have been caused by them. They should also be made to sign all papers prior to them moving out.
We, at Hunter Rentals & Property Management conduct thorough property inspections for your rental homes in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 634-3311 or visit our office at 1503 W Stan Schlueter Lp, Killeen TX.