Hunter Rentals And Property Management offers all sorts of rental properties in the Greater Killeen region. We can help you in your search for houses, duplexes, townhomes, and apartments in a neighborhood of your choice. Our professional, qualified staff follows a highly systematic procedure to ensure that the process is smooth and streamlined, and as fast as possible. Our major focus remains to understand your requirements as a tenant, which helps to make the search customized and specific.
The initial stages of searching for homes for rent in Killeen, Texas can be carried out online, which makes it possible for you to view pictures of any house that you are interested in. Having performed multiple resident screening and background checks over the years, we can help you to have all your paperwork ready, and take some simple steps to ensure your approval as a tenant. We are also associated with a large network of landlords and homeowners across Killeen, which helps you, as a prospective tenant to have the latest updated information on the local real estate market, and the properties available for rent.
Our experience in providing rental housing to residents in the region dates back to 1986, making us among the most reliable and trusted realtors in Central Texas. Our goal since our inception has been to become a premier full-service residential property management firm, and nearly thirty years down the lane, we can proudly say that we have achieved that goal. Our success and popularity emerges from the fact that we put communication with our clients above all else, ensuring complete satisfaction in every respect. We have grown with the times, and now apply the latest advances in technology to make the process of searching for rental properties easier than ever.
Our role as your rental expert does not end at finding a rental accommodation for you, but also extends to the subsequent steps involved in the process. We shall provide you with valuable guidance on what to expect, shall help you to fill out the paperwork, identify possible loopholes in the property inspection report or lease agreement, and ensure that you end up with a deal that is great in every respect. We remain committed to offering integrity, fairness, and honesty, in each of our services.
Finding a rental apartment for oneself can be intimidating in itself, but looking for an apartment that also caters to your pet’s needs is a whole new story. When you are looking for an apartment that would be suitable for your pet, it is advisable to start a lot earlier than you otherwise would. You want to give yourself at least a six-week period to look around before you can find a pet-friendly apartment that also meets any other criteria you might have.
If you are looking for an apartment in Killeen, Hunter Rentals & Property Management can help you in your search for such an apartment, with our experienced staff having an in-depth knowledge of rental properties in the area. Belo
w is a list of some essential considerations that you should make before choosing a pet-friendly apartment in Killeen TX:
- The first thing you need to do is ensure that you are ready to undertake the responsibility that comes with moving into a rental accommodation with a pet, You must understand that you are entitled to provide responsible pet care and be a responsible neighbor.
- It is a good idea to contact the humane society or animal care and control agency in the area where you intend to move, for a list of pet friendly apartment communities. Hunter Rentals & Property Management can help you in your search for homes where pets are allowed in Killeen.
- Once you find a landlord who is okay with pets, and you are ready to move, remember to get the pets’ clause in writing from them. You can do so by signing a pet addendum to your rental agreement. If there was a no-pets policy in the original lease, you want to make sure that it is removed before you sign.
- If the pet in question is a dog, you need to realize that dogs are social animals, and are not suited to being left alone in a confined environment for long periods. It is your responsibility as the owner to ensure that you take your dog out for a walk at least twice a day, and provide it with some basic training.
- If you are already living in a rented apartment before you decide to get a pet, it is advisable to let your neighbors know about the decision before you actually bring the pet home. Involving them and getting started on an amicable note is likely to result in future cooperation when needed.
Renting out your townhome is not as simple as it seems, with all the considerations that need to be made, right from avoiding the tenants from hell to effectively managing your rental property. Hunter Rentals & Property Management is a Killeen TX based property management company where you can receive professional assistance to guide you through the intricacies of giving out homes for rent. Established in 1986, we provide quality property management services including affordable in-house maintenance, resident screening, detailed inspections of homes, and electronic monthly proceeds.
If you are considering renting your townhome in Killeen Texas the following list guides you on some important considerations to be made:
- The first question you need to ask yourself is whether you have the right temperament to be a landlord. Not only do you need to have enough time on your hands before venturing into the rentals business, but you must also be equipped with the right skill-set for it.
- Next, you need to make some important financial considerations. The first of these, of course, has to be an estimate of your rent price, based on the prevailing rates. In addition to this, you must also consider the total maintenance cost of the property, which includes mortgage payments, utilities, repairs, yard-work, etc. The basic idea is to ensure that taking all factors into account, you end up earning more than you spend.
- It is a good idea to contact an attorney and get a written lease before renting out your townhome. A typical lease spells out the terms for tenancy and covers you in the event of instances of default.
- The most important role you will face as a landlord is that of tenant screening. Outsourcing this job to Hunter Rentals & Property Management can spare you from this highly complex process, which includes background checks, income/ credit checks, character references, and several other considerations. This is definitely not something that you want to rush into, considering that this person shall be living in your house and you shall have to deal with them for at least one year.
- Finally, it is advisable to evaluate the worst-case scenario before renting out your townhome. Consider factors such as how long you can afford to keep the unit empty if you cannot find a suitable renter; and whether you can afford the court costs or litigation if the renter does not pay or causes damage.